Thursday, November 30, 2006

Change is good


For those who have been reading my previous posts, I guess you know that I’m studying in a boarding school, right? I went miles away from my hometown, but I do get closer to my parents’ hometown though.

Anyway, being away in a totally new environment and being able to see a lot of new stuffs has changed me, and I really mean it. Well, not the entire me, I’m still the same kid but my perspective have changed. I used to be loud and enjoy myself wasting my time doing and talking about useless things with my friends.

All of this have changed when I learnt that I can’t afford to waste my time because I have a bunch of homework and yet too much duty as a SDB member. Every great mind there is focusing on their goals, which are clear. They all want to succeed in life, to be somebody important. I don’t want to be left out. I mean, come on, do you want to be the loser?

Friends? Well, if you’re not in the same class with them, you’re not going to spend much time with them except on the weekends or public holidays. You’ll spend more time with your classmates though, so you’ll have trouble if you don’t get along well. And people really don’t care about your problems because they got their own problems too. So, unless you’re really in big trouble, or you really need someone to be there for you, forget about advertising your problems. All you need to do is to be brave and work it out by yourself.

However, do not misunderstand us. We have a lot of good values in there though. I discovered that I can do a lot of things if I put myself into it. I can debate (although it’s not that good), I can lead others and myself, I can present my projects well, and I learn to cooperate with others (including the person I like the least).

Besides that, I learnt that if you want something, go for it. Choices determine human destiny, not chances. When I see there’s a chance, I choose to grab it immediately because there’s a lot more other talented and brilliant people out there seeking for their chance.

The most important thing of all is that I’ve been inspired to make my parents proud of me. During the graduation day of Form 5 students, we, SDB, had to accompany and assist their parents. I had the chance to talk to some of them and a parent (I don’t even know him) touched my heart when he said that my father would be proud of me. I can see it in his face; he was very proud of his son (or maybe daughter, I never asked). I want my father to have the same look too. To make that happen, I won’t waste my time anymore.

I don’t care how hard I have to work as long as I try. And that is a promise. I’m no longer the kid who’s lost and don’t know her purpose in life because I’ve travel to a place like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment